I believe once trust and safety is in place, we are able to slow down and notice parts of ourselves that matter, have been forgotten, and where strength can be accessed. Together we give these parts space and time to be heard and better understood. Clients say that my work with them brings back hope, fresh insights, relief and opportunity for change and transformation.
After working as a counsellor for Vancouver Coastal Health in suicide prevention and crisis intervention for many years, I have continued working alongside Mental Health Professionals, First Responders and organizations to ensure that they are well supported in their work, and that their self care and mental health are first and foremost.
Focusing on clinical supervision and consultation in the public, private, and non-profit sectors is my passion. I provide counselling services for individuals and first responders, mental health and community workers, and supervision and client consultation for front line mental health workers, counsellors, and organizations.
Professional Credentials Training and Education:
- British Columbia Association of Clinical Counsellors – Registered Clinical Counsellor
- Centering Ethics in Group Supervision – City University, Vancouver, 2019
- First Responder Trauma and Resilience Training, 2018
- Endorsed as a Culturally Competent Clinician by the British Columbia Professional Firefighters Association (BCPFFA), 2018
- Clinical Supervision Course – American Association Marriage and Family Therapy, 2012
- Front Line Leadership Program, Vancouver Coastal Health, Vancouver, 2007
- Master of Arts in Counselling Psychology, City University, Vancouver, 2001
- Postgraduate Diploma in Management and Organization, University of Cape Town, 1993
Training and Models Used:
- Various evidence-based and integrative approaches influenced by ongoing and extensive training and supervision in:
- Insight oriented therapies
- Cognitive Based Therapy (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- AEDP (Accelerated Experiential Dynamic Psychotherapy – Level 2)
- Narrative Therapy
- DBT (Dialectical Behavioural Therapy)
- Solution Focussed Therapy