Supervision + Consultation
I value working in a strength-based and non-hierarchical framework with counsellors, social workers, front-line mental health workers and community workers. I provide consultation on a one-to-one basis or with your team on an ongoing basis.
- nurture and sustain your passion for the work
- process difficult client cases
- dedicate time to high-risk and complex clients
- increase awareness of the impact of power and privilege
- create opportunities for mentoring, emotional support and guidance
- build capacity to prevent burnout or compassion fatigue
- strategize how to increase knowledge, skills and confidence
- integrate your clinical approach with the principles your organization is modelled on and/or understand where you may differ from them
- address standards (such as accreditation expectations) and personal barriers with documentation (session notes and assessments)
- work with discomforts with professional ethics and required standards
Supervision and consultation clients consistently say that they feel me working alongside them in their work with others. I bring presence, care, heart, respect, sincerity and experience to our work together.